Other Non-State Employment Opportunities
OTHER NON-STATE positions posted November 9, 2012.
Membership and Data Services Assistant
The University of Connecticut Alumni Association
Summary of Duties: The Membership and Data Services assistant is a part-time position (20 hours/week). The individual in this role is responsible for processing membership data and payments on a timely basis.
This position reports to: The Director of Membership and Communications.
This position is funded by: The University of Connecticut Alumni Association. The individual is an employee of the Alumni Association.
- Process membership payments and any associated member donations. Prepare deposits on a daily/weekly basis. Reconcile membership database with financial data monthly.
- Oversee and fully understand all aspects of the membership module in the alumni database.
- Input and update membership data.
- Manage Life Installment memberships. Track all payments and provide payment reminders to those who miss payments. Annually prepare a list of Life installments for write off.
- Manage automatic recurring credit cards. Organize, track, input and provide reminder letters for payments.
- Contact Life Members to obtain paver information for the Husky Plaza. Input and manage the paver data.
- Mail/distribute all new member gifts.
- Maintain/update membership data entry procedures manual. This includes, but is not limited to data entry, reporting, etc.
- Conduct database clean up as needed.
- Contact members to resolve general member service issues.
- Handle new member inquires as well as membership renewal issues as needed.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with all campus partners and especially with the University of Connecticut Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2- 4 years of database experience
- Customer Service experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Accounts receivable experience
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills with a focus on listening and problem solving
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast paced and complex organizational environment
- BA/BS Degree
- A familiarity with the University of Connecticut
Qualified candidates should forward a resume, cover letter and three references to: Cynthia Bidorini, Director of Membership and Communication, University of Connecticut Alumni Association, Alumni Drive, Unit 3053, Storrs, CT 06269-3053; email@example.com. (Search # HR13-13)
The University of Connecticut Alumni Association is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
OTHER NON-STATE positions posted September 24, 2012.
Department of Dining Services
The University of Connecticut has an immediate opening for two full-time, non-state, Location Supervisors in its Retail Operations.
These positions require demonstrated experience in a high volume food retail setting. The Location Supervisor oversees all aspects of the assigned location with emphasis on cash handling, employee and student supervision and food production. These positions require team oriented individuals who are willing to work alongside their employees to get the job done.
- Leadership and Supervisory Skills: the ability to teach, coach and motivate employees on a daily basis while maintaining high standards and leading by example.
- Customer Service: manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for services and assistance; meets commitments.
- Cash Handling Skills: must have ability to operate a POS Terminal and perform cash transactions. Must have the ability to accurately count all issued monies as well as count change to customers. Must have the ability to reconcile cash drawers and perform drawer skims as needed. Must be able to follow all departmental cash handling policies and procedures.
- Candidate must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends.
- Must be Serv-Safe Certified or Serv-Safe eligible.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, including the ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 60lbs.
Appointment Terms: We offer a very competitive benefits package with health, dental, vision, short term disability and life insurance. We also include vacation, sick, personal and holiday time. This is a non-state employment position. The final candidates for this position are subject to a thorough background search and pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and physical examination. The hourly rate range is $15.00 to $19.00 and is commensurate with relevant experience.
To Apply: Please mail your resume with cover letter and the names, and phone numbers of two professional references to: UConn Dining Services Location Supervisor Search Committee, 30 Gurleyville Rd., Storrs, CT 06268-4107. Applications received by October 1, 2012 will be given priority. The Department of Dining Services is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. (Search # HR13-10)
The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer. In keeping with our commitment to build a culturally diverse community,
the University of Connecticut invites applications from women, people with disabilities and members of minority groups.
Employment Opportunity Menu
| UConn Human Resources Home
| UConn Home
Last updated on November 9, 2012.