Other Non-State Employment Opportunities
OTHER NON-STATE positions posted on June 12, 2014.
Catering Coordinator Opportunity
Department of Dining Services
University of Connecticut
The University of Connecticut has an immediate opening for a full time, non-state, Catering Coordinator in its University Catering Department. Under the direction of the Sales Coordinator Manager and General Manager this position assists in managing all aspects of the catering business from initial customer contact through event completion and post event evaluation. The goal of this position is to ensure both high quality food and service, foster customer satisfaction and assist with the growth of the University’s catering business.
- Bachelor’s degree in the hospitality field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Considerable knowledge of food industry.
- Knowledge of food presentation.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and the ability to multi task.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Catering/Conference software and room scheduling software.
- Knowledge of Orientation Program and Foodpro Menu Management System.
- 6 months experience working in a college environment.
- Has worked a minimum of two years in the Catering industry
We offer a very competitive benefits package with health, dental, vision, short term disability and life insurance. We also include vacation, sick, personal and holiday time. This is a non-state employment position. The final candidates for this position are subject to a thorough background search and pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and physical examination.
The hourly rate range is $16 to $20 per hour and is commensurate with relevant experience.
Please mail your resume with cover letter and the names, and phone numbers of two professional references to:
UConn Dining Services Catering Coordinator Search Committee
One Bishop Circle
Storrs, CT 06268-4107
Applications received by June 20, 2014 will be given priority. Submissions that do not provide all required documentation will not be considered.
The Department of Dining Services is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Employment Opportunity Menu
| UConn Human Resources Home
| UConn Home
Last updated on July 15, 2014.