Other State Employment Opportunities
OTHER STATE position posted on April 16, 2014.
Community Service Learning Community (CSLC) Program Coordinator
Department of Student Activities
The mission of the CSLC is to prepare students to be responsible citizens and social change agents by deepening their understanding of service, democracy and citizenship in a global context. The CSLC program coordinator, under the direction of the CSLC director and in close partnership with the Office of First Year Programs and Learning Communities, is responsible for organizing and implementing curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular activities which meet this mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, manage, and evaluate CSLC activities including all related budgeting, scheduling, marketing; assuming greater responsibility until students become proficient in programming and organizational skills.
- Instruct credit bearing courses on a service, civic engagement, societal issues and/or leadership; assist in the development of curriculum; plan and implement class activities; supervise student projects and, assess student learning and administrate documentation thereof.
- Advise/mentor students utilizing individual and group strategies; provide intensive support to an assigned group of students; hold regular office hours, being accessible to students, in the Residence Hall office space.
- Provide advisement to designated CSLC student groups/committees; set individual and group performance standards; manage work-flow; evaluate individual and group performance; and provide regular oversight and feedback.
- Assist in the development of CSLC marketing and public relations efforts; ensure that all print and electronic materials are current and accurate; organize and deliver individual and group presentations; write articles for university and/or office newsletters, blogs, website, etc.
- Act as a liaison between the CSLC, key students, CSLC mentor, faculty and staff stakeholders from throughout the University; send periodic updates, coordinate meetings as needed, and complete public presentation as needed; manage CSLC communications as needed.
- Staff at least one CO weekend or weeklong alternative break & immersion trip; provide advisement to student leader; assist with student supervision; facilitation of reflection activities; actively participate in group service projects. Specific trip will be determined.
- Assist in the development of CO-and/or Learning Community wide initiatives including, but not limited to, trainings, student recognition programs, special events and service opportunities.
- Participate regularly in relevant staff meetings and trainings organized by sponsoring units.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in related field; strong written and verbal communication; demonstrated supervisory or advisory experience; excellent interpersonal skills; strong leadership, organizational and programming skills; demonstrated commitment to or experience with community service and/or service-learning; related professional experience preferred; demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office or equivalent software programs.
Preferred Qualifications: 1+ years experience supervising college students; 1+ semester experience instructing a collegiate level course; experience with events coordination and event management; experience with non-profits strongly preferred.
Commitment: 35 hours per week; schedule will vary based on student’s availability and programmatic needs. Weekend and evening hours are required in order to attend related events; Availability to work during summer is strongly preferred. The term of this position is from July 1st 2014 with an end date of May 31st 2015. The hourly rate will be $26.50.
Application Process: Interested candidates should send: (a) letter of interest, (b) resume/CV, and (c) names and contact information for three professional references to: Ada Elderkin, Administrative Assistant, Department of Student Activities, 2110 Hillside Road - Unit 3008, Storrs, CT 06269-3008 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic applications are preferred. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews will commence immediately. UCONN strongly encourages applications from people of color, women and people with disabilities. (Search # HR14-23)
OTHER STATE position posted on April 4, 2014.
Temporary University Specialist
Information and Communication Technology Department
School of Business
The School of Business Information and Communication Technology department is seeking applications for a temporary, full-time Temporary University Specialist. The position will be housed at the Downtown Hartford Graduate Business Learning Center under the direct supervision of the Service Delivery Manager. The Temporary University Specialist will provide technical support for 14 classrooms including 2 computer labs for the Graduate Center programs and external conferencing customers. Duties include general technical support including faculty, staff, students and classrooms in the School of Business at the GBLC and CCEI locations. Incumbent will provide academic classroom support for network connectivity, multimedia, workstation repair and teleconferencing (printer maintenance, wireless network support, application issue resolution, hardware upgrades, software installation, and virus elimination). Service hours will range from 11AM to 7 PM, Monday through Friday with occasional weekend and off-hour requirements. Reliable transportation is a must as this position supports multiple locations.
- Associate’s degree in Technology, CS/MIS or equivalent combination of education and/or training.
- 2 or more years of experience relevant to support of end user computers and technology.
- Demonstrated extensive experience with desktop, mobile computers, interfaces, mobile devices and related peripherals.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people, to organize workloads, to handle difficult problems, and work well under stress.
- Demonstrated ability to manage assigned projects within other daily responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft workstation operating system.
- Experience with diagnostic and system imaging software.
- Demonstrated computer software experience with MS Office Professional Suite.
- Demonstrated experience with computer hardware repair.
- Extremely high level of motivation, independence, and responsibility.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Other Desirable Qualifications/Skills:
- Experience with setup and use of telecommunications, teleconferencing and multi-media devices and applications.
- Experience in teaching, training and conducting workshops.
- Experience in web creation, publishing, VB Scripting.
- Network maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Experience with the following concepts: Networking, TCP/IP, virtualization, SAN, iSCSI, replication, disaster recovery
- Apple Operating Systems and their support
- Experience with the following products: Nortel Networks network equipment, Dell servers, EqualLogic SANs, Dell SANS, Exchange 2007/2010, Microsoft IIS, Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2
This is a temporary, full-time position with the hours of 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m with a competitive hourly rate. Monday through Friday, starting as soon as possible through December 31, 2014, with possible extension.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for (3) references to: GBLCTech@business.uconn.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. (Search # HR14-21)
OTHER STATE position posted on March 19, 2014.
Temporary University Specialist
Coordinator of Training & Development, Research IT Systems
Office of the Vice President for Research
The Office of the Vice President for Research at the University of Connecticut is seeking a Temporary University Specialist to create a program of training and development, in support of Research IT Systems.
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President for Research IT & Informatics in the Office of the Vice President for Research, the Coordinator of Training & Development will plan, develop, document and deliver Research IT Systems training targeted for members of the University research community. Specific applications to be supported will include InfoEd, Effort Reporting/Certification, and Elements.
Minimum Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have experience in research administration, including use of electronic research systems, as well as experience developing training materials and delivering targeted training to research constituencies in a research-intensive University or other appropriate situation.
This is a six-month, full-time, temporary position, with a target start date of April 10, 2014. Review of applications will begin immediately.
To ensure consideration, please submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and a list of at least three professional references by March 31, 2014 to email@example.com.
For confidential inquiries or additional information please contact: Laurie Pudlo, Administrative Manager, Office of the Vice President for Research, University of Connecticut, firstname.lastname@example.org, 860-486-4247. (Search HR14-20)
Founded in 1881, UConn is one of the nation’s leading public research universities, and was recently ranked 19th among the Top public universities in the nation, according to the 2014 U.S. News & World Report. A Land Grant and Sea Grant college and member of the Space Consortium, UConn has received generous support from the legislature through an ambitious state investment in economic development, higher education and research. Through Next Generation Connecticut, strategic investment in facilities, faculty and students catalyze to establish UConn as a vital STEM institution, fueling Connecticut’s economy with new technologies, highly skilled graduates, new companies, patents, licenses, and high-wage STEM jobs.
OTHER STATE position posted on March 17, 2014.
Temporary University Specialist
Connecticut Small Business Development Center
School of Business
The Connecticut Small Business Development Center is seeking a Temporary Marketing Specialist to play a critical role in CTSBDC marketing activities. Under the direction of the Marketing and Communications Manager, this person is responsible for publicity and marketing activities designed to promote CTSBDC programs, events and services.
- Design ads, flyers, collateral or PowerPoint presentations while adhering to Connecticut Small Business Development Center brand standards
- Proofread marketing materials, articles and other collateral
- Create and edit web pages in WordPress
- Monitor and update content on our website
- Edit photos and create banners for our website
- Optimize SEO performance
- Develop analytics and prepare insights
- Create compelling images for social media platforms
- Design and schedule email campaigns using Constant Contact
- Email contact list management
- Assist in the scheduling, planning and implementation of initiatives including speaking engagements and events
- Manage multiple deadline oriented projects simultaneously
- Brainstorm creative solutions to marketing challenges
- May research data, create ideas or write copy
- May prepare news releases and fact sheets
- Associate’s degree in marketing, graphic design or related field and two-five years of experience in marketing and publicity or related field, or equivalent combination of experience and training
- Experience working in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro
- Ability to create and edit web pages in WordPress including home page, inner pages, blog pages and individual blog posts
- Familiar with WordPress plugins
- Experience in analytics and SEO preferred
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Self-motivated without need for strong management oversight
- Ability to be resourceful and work under pressure or with deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Strong organization and time management skills
- A positive attitude and flexibility for last-minute changes
- Passion to assist entrepreneurs and small businesses grow and succeed
- Performs related duties as required
Appointment Terms: This is a 25-30 hours per week temporary position. Compensation is $20.00 per hour.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position, a current resume, and names and contact information for three references electronically to: Jodi Coombs, CTSBDC Marketing and Communications Manager, at email@example.com. (Search HR14-19)
OTHER STATE position posted on July 11, 2013.
School of Business
The School of Business is seeking adjunct faculty to teach undergraduate and graduate level courses at the Storrs and regional campuses including Hartford, Waterbury, and Stamford. Courses may be available within the following academic departments, and applicants should indicate the specific courses within a department that they are applying to teach. Departmental links to undergraduate and graduate courses can be found below:
Finance, including Health Systems and Real Estate
Undergraduate: http://www.catalog.uconn.edu/fnce.htm (Finance)
http://www.catalog.uconn.edu/hsmg.htm (Heath Systems)
Graduate: http://www.business.uconn.edu/cms/p1272#finance (Finance)
http://www.business.uconn.edu/cms/p1272#health (Health Systems)
http://www.business.uconn.edu/cms/p1272#realestate (Real Estate)
Marketing and Business Law
Operations & Information Management including Management and Engineering for Manufacturing
Undergraduate: http://www.catalog.uconn.edu/opim.htm (MIS)
http://www.business.uconn.edu/cms/p281 (Business and Technology)
Graduate course descriptions can be found in the graduate catalog at: http://catalog.grad.uconn.edu/grad_catalog.html
Minimum Qualifications: An earned Master’s degree in business or a related field.
Preferred Qualifications: An earned PhD or terminal degree in an area relevant to the field; previous teaching experience in an institution of higher education; and management experience in a corporate, government, or non-profit setting.
Terms and Conditions: These are adjunct faculty positions which are generally appointed on a semester by semester basis. Compensation will be based on academic program level and/or campus location.
This is a pool posting. Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
To Apply: Applications should be submitted electronically to the appropriate department at the address listed below. Applicants should clearly state in the body of the email by course numberthe courses they are applying to teach and attach a copy of their curriculum vitae and other relevant materials (such as course syllabi).
Operations & Information Management firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Employment Opportunity Menu
| UConn Human Resources Home
| UConn Home
Last updated on April 16, 2014.